hey guys how do you remove an impeller
Its all about the surf!
For a Kawi 300 you will have to first
1. pull the pump
2. remove the rear reducer cone, this will expose the shaft end with flat sides
3. stick the pump in a vice clamped onto the flat sides of the impellor shaft (Prop side will be facing away from the vice)
4. you need a kawi prop removal tool for the next step it looks like the splined end of the drive shaft on one side and has a hex bolt head on the other. insert the splined end into the prop on the pump which you have in the vice
5. use a wrench on the hex bolt head of the prop removal tool to remove the prop. Note you will most likely need a cheater bar and may need to heat the impellor.
* I cannot remember if the prop has reverse or normal thread, hopefully some else will chime in and enlighten us
ah thanks its for the sx hull its the last thing i meed tp remove before it gets chopped up where do i get the kawi tool
The cheapest and most convenient would be Ebay :http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...124107&bkBtn=&
Originally Posted by PowerRanger
Looks like a big screw with splines instead of threads, $8.95
shizite my dad has some of those drifting in the shop i should see if any of them fit..
can someone confirm its lefty loosy for kawi impeller removal?
Originally Posted by 227
300sx props are like 440's so the impeller threads onto the drive shaft not the pump shaft. Is this a stock impelleror an aftermarket? Either way you will have to find a way to secure the drive shaft from rotating. There is a hole in the shaft and you can put an old Allen key in there with a block of wood in between that and the hull. If its a stock impeller the nose will have a spot for a wrench if it's aftermarket you will have to turn the prop from the back with a special tool. You can buy them or make them.
Threads are lefty loosey on 440/300 impellers.