Resurrecting a 1994 Waveblaster

Joined
May 16, 2017
Likes
12
Location
Detroit metro
#24
So I got my Riva dry pipe in the mail. It needed refinishing so I wire wheeled it down and gave it a quick spray job with engine enamel. I have new o-rings, lord mounts, t-clamps, and silicone hose for it. However, I am working on something even better for the blaster so this pipe may soon be for sale. Stay tuned!
2018051795091310951526581298034.jpg
20180529_174406.jpg
20180529_194325.jpg
 

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Joined
Jan 14, 2006
Likes
5,782
Location
Tuscaloosa, AL
#25
Looks great, Awesome job. FYI, unless I am wrong, that is a wet pipe. Modfied Spec 1 Riva Pipe (similar to a B Pipe). Still a good pipe. A dry pipe would have a fully waterjacked chamber.
 
Joined
May 16, 2017
Likes
12
Location
Detroit metro
#26
Looks great, Awesome job. FYI, unless I am wrong, that is a wet pipe. Modfied Spec 1 Riva Pipe (similar to a B Pipe). Still a good pipe. A dry pipe would have a fully waterjacked chamber.
Yea, I think your correct. Well I may not end up using it if I can get another deal I am working on to go through. Glad to hear that it is a good pipe though!
 
Joined
May 16, 2017
Likes
12
Location
Detroit metro
#28
So, the deal I was trying for worked out! I picked up a B1 with a 62T and a Factory B Pipe and Factory waterbox in it as a donor for my B1! Even has the 62T electronics and a billet coupler set. So, out comes my 61X engine and in goes this setup. This basically emulates the setup I have in my SJ and I love it in there. Cant wait to ride it once its done. Stay tuned as I will have a stock 1994 B1 for sale in Michigan really soon. Hoping to have it all ready to go by next weekend. On a side note, can anyone confirm the removal direction for the driveshaft coupler? Counterclockwise to remove?

Going to order up a Kommander head for this engine at some point.
20180604_064251.jpg
20180604_064259.jpg
20180604_064310.jpg
20180605_064210.jpg
 
Joined
May 16, 2017
Likes
12
Location
Detroit metro
#30
I got a hell of a deal on an ADA girdled head kit with 35 mm domes yesterday. Brand new for $300 shipped. So, I think I am about done acquiring parts for this blaster. I will have some more pics as I get it assembled.

Forgot to mention, I just swapped the complete midshaft assembles between my 2 skis so I didnt have to worry about getting the billet midshaft coupler off. Much easier solution!
 
Joined
May 16, 2017
Likes
12
Location
Detroit metro
#31
I had to notch the cylinders in two different places so that the girdled head would fit. The case studs wont be able to fit without cutting some of the cylinder material. I did not get an up close pic of where to cut, but here it is with the new head on it.
20180608_142029.jpg
 
Joined
May 16, 2017
Likes
12
Location
Detroit metro
#32
I ordered up all new silicone couplers to replace the hacked together rubber couplers that were in the ski. Tapped the pump and manifold for dual cooling so I had all that off. Here it is in the ski as I was getting ready to shim it.
20180613_122200.jpg

Almost complete. Just missing one 2 inch coupler, some feet of cooling line, and some more fuel line so I run the return line correctly. I fired it up quickly and it sounded really nice. Hoping to take it out to test and tune Friday night.
20180613_184742.jpg
 
Joined
May 16, 2017
Likes
12
Location
Detroit metro
#33
Got to run the Blaster on Friday night for a test and tune. Ran horribly at first because I had the needle settings a bit too far out. About 30 minutes of tuning, this thing rips! It sounds nice and pulls strong. Had it out Sunday all day alongside my SJ and it ran perfectly. I love the way these B1's carve the water. I have a Jetworks flow control valve that I am hoping to install tomorrow then I want to get quicker steering out if it but even as it is I am very happy.
 
Top Bottom