Freestyle 2 New Builds for 2018 Xfr and 2He

Jyzmbe

Site Supporter
Joined
Jan 22, 2012
Likes
1,183
Location
Plano, TX
I started on it as soon as I got back Saturday night. Everything went together pretty smooth. The intake grate didn’t come drilled so I drilled my holes for that and countersunk them. Marked my holes on the shoe and drilled and tapped for the intake grate. This ski has a rrp grate in it I found out. When I drilled and tapped my rrp shoe on the aquabot I found a stainless Allen head screw inside of the casting lol

Tricky also recommend that I drill and tap the shoe and add a couple screws to the oring pump adapter ring. It’s epoxied on but he said he’s seen them break loose if the pump comes loose.

The brand new good latch kicked my butt. I couldn’t get it to latch. I thought it might have been turf in the way so I trimmed the turf out of the way and still wouldn’t latch. Turns out it wouldn’t even latch off the ski. I had to take pliers and a hammer to tweak it enough to get it to work. . That cost me a couple hours


Well I would have had it finished this morning and in the water this afternoon if I wouldn’t have hit a snag. Went to pressure test the motor with the new manifold first thing this morning and it was leaking.

I pulled the manifold and cleaned everything up and started over with a new gasket and some 1211. Too bad it takes 24 hours to dry and 3 days to fully cure... :-(

I guess I can do graphics while I wait


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Jyzmbe

Site Supporter
Joined
Jan 22, 2012
Likes
1,183
Location
Plano, TX
Finished up my graphics yesterday while the 1211 was drying. I’m happy with how they turned out



Got up early this morning and pressure tested the motor again. All was good.


Got everything mocked up and epoxied my fuel pump bracket on this morning so it will be dry enough to finish assembly this afternoon

 
Last edited:

mike b

Michael "Mayhem" Bevacqua aka MikeyChan
Joined
Sep 3, 2012
Likes
982
Location
California
The ski turned out very clean! I like that purple, does it change to a blue tint in person or is it just doing that in the pictures? Hope to see some ride pics soon
 

Jyzmbe

Site Supporter
Joined
Jan 22, 2012
Likes
1,183
Location
Plano, TX
The ski turned out very clean! I like that purple, does it change to a blue tint in person or is it just doing that in the pictures? Hope to see some ride pics soon
Just depends on the lighting. Blue tint, purple, pink


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Jyzmbe

Site Supporter
Joined
Jan 22, 2012
Likes
1,183
Location
Plano, TX
First ride didn’t go so well. My new XScream trim was already assembled when I got it and I never took it apart. I just bolted it on the ski. 5 minutes into the first ride the steering nozzle got stuck all the way to the right and broke my steering cable. Turns out the trim ring bolt on that side backed out just enough for the steering nozzle to hang it. Got everything off and cleaned up with red thread locker on everything. Second ride went pretty good with no issues.

Now the tuning process begins. I’m at 12/16 now on this 162 pump and I think the leading edge is a a little steep. I have new domes that should raise the compression 40 psi. I’m going to try those before I change the prop pitch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Jyzmbe

Site Supporter
Joined
Jan 22, 2012
Likes
1,183
Location
Plano, TX
I put the new domes in this weekend and man did it make a difference. It went from feeling over propped to me thinking I can pitch it up a few degrees. Tried out some XScream carbs and that’s what I’ve decided to go with. They worked great. I pulled my intake manifold off and left it with tricky so it can be opened up to fit and flow with the new 52s. After I get all that on and buttoned up I’ll start tweaking on the prop. The 162 pump hooks up so good. The 155 was violent and the bigger xs pump just seems to grunt and pull more.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Jyzmbe

Site Supporter
Joined
Jan 22, 2012
Likes
1,183
Location
Plano, TX
The Dasa motor shipped form Tnt again. Hopefully this time the delivery truck won’t crash. I finally got my black pole bracket and hood hooks in for the Rickter. I got them on and adjusted. Started putting things together slowly to see how it all fits. Since it had dual scuppers I wasn’t planning to run a bilge pump but they don’t seal worth a crap I’ll put one in for emergencies. The dual bracket I have won’t fit with the rear tank so one had to go. I guess one 800gph will do.


I had an old 701 laying around I decided to use as a mock-up motor until mine gets here. About to drill these plates for the 2 exta motor mounts. Then probably bolt on the manifold so I can mark and epoxy in the inserts for the strap hooks.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Top Bottom